Martin Orr earned his Ph.D. in sociology at the University of Oregon. His dissertation documented the effects of the civil rights movement upon the development of sociological theories of race and ethnicity. He has continued to explore the historical and political context of theories of society, and has also published on the anti-globalization movement, on the media, and on the social ramifications of peak oil.
- SOC 201 Theories of Society
- SOC 310 Elementary Social Statistics
- SOC 320 Radical Sociology
- SOC 380 Political Sociology
- SOC 440 Environmental Sociology